CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 4 February 2011

Easter Basket

 

014

Hi its Jacqui here and its my turn to try to pass on some inspiration. This is a tutorial for a very simple but effective Easter Basket, it would also make a lovely basket for Mothers Day.

 

003

First you need to assemble what you need for the basket,

I piece of Card 6” x 6”

I piece of card 2 “ x 8”

8 pieces matching Backing Paper 1.7/8” square

An Edge Punch

Glue, 2 Brads, Whiff of Joy image of your choice

 

004

Score the piece of 6” sq card 2” in from each of the four sides, cut along the solid lines and crease along the dotted lines

006

You should end up with your card as above.

007

Attach the 8 x 1.7/8” square to the scored and cut card as above.

009

Bring up two of the cut squares crossing the middle square, place one end of the handle (which I have punched with MS Border Punch), behind the square and attach both sides square and handle with a Brad.

010

This is how it should look on the inside of the basket.

011

Now repeat the process on the other side, and you have your finished basket.

012

Finish your basket off with as much or as little embellishments as you like, I have used the Tulip stamp from Whiff of Joy Spring Store Kit, with ribbon and pearls, (I have decorated both sides of the basket the same), then fill with lots of yummy Eggs.

Hope you found this easy to follow and I would love to see your baskets if you decide to make one.

Hugs

Jacqui x

13 comments:

Connie said...

This looks fun and easy. I hope to get one made soon. Love your tutorials.

Riet said...

This is so wonderful bag Jacqui,I love your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Antoinette said...

I like this verry much! I am going to try it also!

Greets, Antoinette

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tutorial.
I am try it also.

http://anjoja.blogspot.com/2011/04/twee-mandjes.html

Hugs Jannie.

Thea said...

Thank you very much! I am going to try it too!

Hugs
Thea

Unknown said...

Wow! So simple yet so effective! Thank you so much for sharing this... am going to have a go!!!
Yours is lovely... hope mine works out as well!
Hugs
Kim
x

Sonia said...

Hi!
Thanks for the great tutorial.I hope to get one... may be soon!
-

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tutorial, just had a good and it worked a treat thanks!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

LOL! I meant to say had a go and it worked a treat! Here is a link so you can take a peek http://molecraft.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter-basket.html
Thanks again
Helen x

Williams said...

I've been looking for something like this for ages thank you so much!!!!

Sally said...

This is fantastic, yours is amazing, I those sweets look equally yummy.
I am going to have a play this evening.
Thank you for the insperation.
Sally. x

Unknown said...

This is lovely! I think I shall be having a go at this!
Lizy x

Christine said...

Thanks for a great tute Jacqui Ive used it a few times..

smiles Christine x

Post a Comment