CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Slanted Easel card

 

Had a few request for the Slanted Easel card I made, these are just so simple but effective,  I am sure lots of you know how to make these anyway.

 

use

 

I have made this card to face the other way just so you can see how easy it is to ring the changes.

 

All you need to start is:

A Score Board

Double Sides Tape

A 5.1/2” square Base Card

A square of white card 5.1/2” square.

Your Image, backing papers and embellies

 

Easel1

 

Now you need to score diagonally from corner to corner on the front of your card, use a score board to get a perfect fold, to make sure the corners line up I run a pencil down the scoring line I am going to use, it is much easier than doing it by eye, I think you can pick up the pencil line in the picture below

 

 

easel2

 

Fold along scored line and your card should look like this, ( when folding a scored line always make sure you go down the fold a couple of times with your bone folder this gives a really crisp fold).

easel3

Now add double sided tap[e down the triangle, on this picture I have only added it to 2 sides you would actually add it to all 3 sides.

 

easel4 

 

Now add the 5.1/2” sq white card to the triangle.

 

easel5

 

Now its up to you to decorate as you wish.

 

On this blog I havent really explained how I decorate my cards from start to finish but if you feel that would be helpful leave me a comment.

 

005a

Hugs

Jacqui xx

10 comments:

Karen said...

Jacqui I have made a few of these now, but none anywhere near as gorgeous as yours! :) Fantastic image, perfect colouring, and beautiful decoration.
I love that edging you have done, is it a Martha Stewart Punch and if so which one? (I need it! lol.)

Shazza said...

how spooky, I coloured this image last night and the clothes are the same colours!!!
Gorgeous card, thanks for the tutorial x

Unknown said...

Thank you for this tutorial.
It's a beautiful card.

greetings, Claudia

MagsB said...

Jacqui, thank you so much for taking the time to do these tutorials! This is a gorgeous card!

luv, Mags x

Mima said...

Hola Jacqui,
Thank you for this great Tutorial, and awesome card. TFS, Mima

Miria said...

Hi, Jacqui. Thank for sharing such a great tutorial! Your card is fab. Hugs, Miria

Jeanne said...

Hi Jacqui
It would be VERY useful to see how you make your cards from scratch! Your tutorials are so helpful....
Jeannie

Linda . J said...

Thanks for your tuts Jacqui really helpful, love the card its stunning.
Hugs Linda

Helga said...

Thanks for this tut - this card is very pretty !
Greetings from Austria
Helga

June Smith said...

Love it Jacqui, xxx June

Post a Comment